EYE ON THE SKY: MORE ON MERCURY AND KETU
With the Mercury conjunction to Ketu more intense the next few day, it is time to revisit our article about. Exact conjunction is on Friday with a strong influence into Feb. 12th. Mercury and Ketu do not get along as Ketu is headless and intuitive and Mercury likes to think and be logical. The combination can create scattered thinking, confusion, anger, frenzy and bewilderment or obsessive thinking. The conjunction is happening across from the eclipse point of 18 Cancer and this can create mental disturbance and a mind filled with sudden surprise thoughts that wants to change everything. Wait for the energy to die down before making impulsive decisions. Geminis and Virgo rising will be most impacted but it can bring out strong intuition for them or moving toward deep spiritual thinking.
The key with Ketu is always meditation but with Mercury some grounding exercise and yoga may help to get you in your body and gut and out of your confused mind. Ketu scatters energy so we have to be more grounded to deal with it.
Mercury conjunct Ketu can also bring up quick shifts in thinking with spiritual undertones.
Thoughts may be subtle and highly intuitive during this transit so pay attention to those little hints and ‘ah-ha’ moments! This may be particularly true for Gemini and Virgo rising or those of you with Mercury in the 1st house. This will be a good time to focus on spiritual and philosophical pursuits in career, hobbies and writing. It’s also a good time to go on a pilgrimage or meditation retreat. Still you have to be thoughtful, discriminating and seek first to understand any new occupation that you undertake in order to avoid losing your mental stability.
Still stay on top of computer backups and virus protection and malware attacks as Mercury conjunct Ketu and Neptune will bring their fair share of problems.
If you enjoy our free posts, please honor or time and efforts by purchasing our new book which is over 300 pages of insights into the New Year. Color edition available for immediate download.
AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD!
Barry Rosen’s thirty years of research observing the human conditions allows him to offer deep and practical insights into how to deal with the planetary noise that impacts our minds and emotions and often blocks us from moving forward in our life.
Barry’s spiritual and psychological approach to astrology seeks to cut the puppet strings of the planets that impact our emotions and psychology and bind us to self-blame, doubt and fear and anger. This useful guide for 2018-19 will help you plan the next few years by your rising sign so you know what are the best months for the year for progress and how the larger transits for Jupiter, Saturn, Rahu, Ketu and the eclipses will impact your life.
Included in this wonderful book, are a number of articles to help you understand the basic of transits, combustion, retrograde action, the meaning of planetary aspects and the general nature of free will and karma. Detailed interpretations are included along with tables for major planetary transits and retrograde and major events for 2018-2019.
As a bonus, Barry has included global and economic, political forecasts for those interested in Mundane astrology. This is definitely a reference book to have on your shelf for practicing astrologers or just people who like to dabble. It will also be useful for both Vedic and Western astrologers.
Book Acclaim and What Barry’s Colleagues’ are Saying:
“This almanac is truly a masterpiece and labor of love. Barry is a gifted astrologer and writer. I have written yearly forecasts for over 30 years and understand the work, knowledge and dedication involved. It is so complete with everything a beginner or advanced student of astrology would need. The references to the planet’s transit through the signs, nakshatras, aspects, dates and times, plus their interpretations is fantastic. He even covers the effects these will have on individual countries. I am sure I will be referring to this manual frequently throughout the year.”
Joni Patry, author and Vedic Astrologer
“Barry Rosen’s brilliant text is a practical guide for any practicing astrologer. His book provides extensive research on the world of Jyotish as well as a detailed analysis of the planetary transits of 2018. My prediction is that it will become a classic cornerstone for any Vedic Astrology library.”
Dennis M. Harness, Ph.D. – President Emeritus, American College of Vedic Astrology
“Barry Rosen’s reference work is comprehensible for those with minor astrological backgrounds, and is also useful for professionals as a yearly transit and progression guide. As a Neo-Vedic astrologer, Barry also uses the outer planets to help track world events both in finance and on the political and economic scene. Definitely a book to have on your shelf.”
Juliana Swanson, Neo-Vedic Astrologer at Astral Harmony
Over 300 pages of useful information
(Not a Panchanga or daily calendar but articles and interpretations)
This book in PDF format (e-book) and is downloadable and includes:
- General political and economic overviews of the year and guide to major events and key challenging points for the year.
- General articles teaching what retrogrades, combustion, planetary aspects, dashas and eclipses mean.
- Guide to Saturn in Sagittarius including individual guides for your rising and moon signs.
- Guide to Jupiter in Libra including individual guides for your rising and moon sign. Jupiter in Scorpio.
- Guide to Rahu and Ketu in Cancer and Capricorn including individual guides for your rising and moon sign.
- Major General Guide for Interpreting Planetary Dashas when the planet is strong or afflicted.
- Information on 2018 Eclipses and impacts.
- Articles and Interpretation of Major Transits of Mars, Venus, Sun, Mercury and Jupiter through all the major signs and connecting them to your rising sign.
- Listings of Full Moons, New Moons and Major Planetary Conjunctions and Oppositions.
- Lists of Planetary Nakshatra Transit Dates.
- List of Planetary Retrograde Dates and Explanation .
- Periods of Planetary Combustion and Explanation .
- Articles about Planetary Aspects and Major aspects of the Year.
- Dates for Kala Sarpa Yoga in Transits.
- Major theoretical and astrological articles.
- Guide to Sade Sat: The Hidden Insights into What it Means and How to Calculate.
- Articles about Major Vedic Holidays.
- Six major articles on Saturn.
- Discussion of Neptune and Uranus and impact on Mundane Astrology.