EYE ON HEALTH AND VEDIC ASTROLOGY:
The Sun went into the constellation of Shatabhishak Feb. 19-March 4th (Aquarius 6.40-19.59) and we have focused on the need to stay on top of health and healing this month with the conjunction to Ketu on Feb. 22nd and the solar eclipse into Feb. 26th.
If Vedic astrology the 6th house is a health house which brings up issues. We can manage 6th house problems if we are on top of good routines and diet as the 6th house is a growth house and we can work through its issues by being conscious.
Malefics in the 6th house in our natal chart spur us to work hard and we have the ability to overcome health problems. Eight house health problems are more acute and are more deeply karmic and seem to be a more beyond our control.
Many of you are on top of your health but over the years, I have learned a number of things about diet that can make a difference and I would like to share them and given Saturn’s affliction in Aries navamsha (0.00-3.20 Sagittarius) into March 15th, we need to be vigilant and disciplined about our habits the next month rather than lazy. The intense energy of the transits is not supportive to good habits so you will have to consciously work on it.
For years in Ayurveda, I have learned to be on top of some of these basic needs. You can Google and find more information about any of the points below and talk to a good health practitioner or Ayurvedic consultant. This article is just some fine tuning even for all my health conscious friends.
I am bringing up a limited number of items as I have only so much space and you have only so much time to read and research all of this.
Many of you know that even most of the health food stores and health food manufacturers like Whole Foods have sold us out and we think if we shop there, we are on top of buying good food, but that is not always the case. Do your homework.
Here are some tips:
1) The seat of health is in the colon and having a clean colon is important to prevent a toxic build up in the system. If you have access to Ayurvedic treatment, going through Panchakarma to clean the colon is wonderful. Many of us to do not have Ayurvedic facilities near us so you can stay on top your colon by doing laxative therapies and cleaning programs regularly to keep that are clean and toxin free.
2) Probiotics are key for supporting colon elimination and supporting the system. Many people are aware of this need but most probiotics are half-dead as they have to be properly manufactured and refrigerated from creation to distribution. Dr. Maryann Teitelbaum looking at probiotic cultures under a microscope found only the brand Natren had enough live organisms to do the job completely. You still have find a distributor that keeps it refrigerated. ( I use Vitacost as they ship it in dry ice which is essential for warm climates and the summer.)
3) Tumeric. Everyone knows about the wonders of Tumeric but most of you do not know that it is activated only in fat such as l ghee or butter. That is why Indian food is so healthy because fry the spices in ghee. Taking Tumeric tablets will not get the job done completely. Moreover tumeric is activating even more with Indian black pepper (different from normal pepper.)
4) Use only organic white flour if you need and like wheat.
The gluten-free problem and craze is not because we have an epidemic if celiac disease but very connected to the fact that Round-up pesticides are used by most farmers now in the drying process when wheat is harvested. I have found that most of my sinus and allergy problems to wheat have been eliminated by us making sure that the crackers that I buy and the bread that I buy has organic wheat flour. You will be shocked how many items in your health food store do not use organic wheat flour.
5) Stay away from GMOs and Canola Oil
Most of you are aware of this problem but much of US corn and soybeans are filled with Round-up pesticides that have been linked to cancer and deeply hurt the immune system. Most processed foods and even health foods will have corn syrup, soybean oil, corn oil, maledextrin (corn sugar). Canola oil is a big scam and very toxic and even organic canola oil is very hard to digest and not good for the system.
If it does not say organic soybean oil etc. stay away from it. Most of processed foods in the regular supermarket are filled with these toxins and I find about 60-70% of the foods in health food supermarkets have problems so read your labels carefully.
6) Potatoes and Sweet Potatoes and their Chips.
These have to be organic because the level of pesticides and fungicides applied to the growing of these staples is frightening. I find that most of the health potato and snack foods in the health food aisle have either bad oils or non-organic taters. Go for the organics.
7) Use Organic Dairy.
If you cannot fit organics into your budget, dairy is most important because the fat molecules store more pesticides than most other foods that you can wash off with special fruit and vegetable cleaners.
8) Stay away from microwave food. The carbon molecules are altered by the process and it makes them harder to digest and more toxic. Go back to conventional cooking. I use a vegetable steamer on frozen foods to return the prana back into these foods.
Obviously, I could write huge articles on each topic but do your research and find out the truth. Good month to stay on top of your health.
And still there is need not to be fanatical. The body is infinitely adaptable and flexible but if we bombard our body with the wrong things day after day, it is more likely to develop problems. No need to live in fear but also when you can make good choices, go for it. Have a healthy month with the Sun transiting the constellation of 100 physicians.
Om Tat Sat.