EYE ON ASTROLOGY: SHIFTING KARMA FOR A BETTER LIFE
While traditionally mantras, pujas and homas and other remedies are used to placate planetary energies, there are problems with these in Kali Yuga. My own Vedic priest tells me that homas and pujas often need to be done three times to have an impact. My own experience with mantras is that the right ones can free the mind of the grips of emotional and psychological shadows that grip us but we still have to make new choices in our life to create a better life. There are not magic bullets. I think ultimately we have to take personal responsibility for our mistakes and our karma and make new choices, forgive and not feel victimized.
Much of karma grips us on the level of the mind and on the level of emotions. We are afraid of things that may not ever happen but Saturn is spinning a web of fear that blocks us from moving forward. Astrology can throw light on what is happening to our mind and emotions and free us but we then we still have to take action and do things differently.
Secondly we have to take responsibility for our mistakes. If we have wronged others than we have to say that we are sorry and make amends for what we have done and clean up our mess. The tendency is to blame others or get caught in our ego an make others wrong. We cannot repeat the same mistakes if we are to get out of suffering.
Sometimes we are victimized in this life but we probably have done the same think to the person in a past life. I find the mantra: “I’m sorry, please forgive me, thank you, I love you,” very useful. Think of the difficult relationship or karma impacting you and think kindly of the other person and release them of what they have done and say this mantra for at least 5 minutes before you go to bed. There is a very famous Hawaiian psychologist that has done a lot of work with this if you are interested in this material just go to You Tube and type in Hew Len. There are several videos. Joe Vitales book is “Zero Limits” also discusses this work.
Many people hide from their difficult emotions and feelings and escape to TV, drugs, alcohol or overeating. This is will not solve the problem and will make it worse. If you are on spiritual path, what do you do? Those of us on a spiritual path have to go through them. Feel them deeply. The process of feeling them can facilitate their deep release. What are we afraid of? Are we really those stupid feelings or something bigger? Go deep into them and the attention of your consciousness will facilitate their release.
Don’t the storms make you deeper and a more powerful person? Embrace. Realize that you are unchanging and nothing can touch you. You are invincible. Merge with the water and become One.
So what can you do?
1) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when its below zero. Spiritual practice can shift karma and make us feel better and make us clearer to see the situation. If the planets are stormy, I find that about 98% of it will be released after I do my spiritual practices.
2) Donate time and money to help those in need. This is one way to address karma and by getting out of our own stuff, we feel better and move through our own karma. You can donate to specific charities related to your own karma on the days of the week ruled by the problem planet. So if your wife has left you because you have been abusing her and are suffering from it, donate on a Friday, ruled by Venus to a battered woman’s shelter. If you have problems with your children, donate to for childhood education and help others children. If you do not have money to donate, then you can donate your time and service to charitable organizations that are helping others. I need to write a whole article on this but usually you can figure out that if you are experiencing difficult karma, you have done the same thing in past lives and you need to rectify the situation by donating to the right charities.
3) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions especially now. The tendency is to what to escape but usually this leads to more difficult problems quickly.
4) Spend time with spiritual knowledge, attend spiritual gatherings and hang around with positive people at this time.
5) Do transnational healing work to move through these energies. I have a lot of Western clients and have developed a lot of Western healing therapies to shift karma and energy through awareness.
So take responsibility for your life and do not ever feel you are victim of the planets. We are here to do it better this time and get it right and the Lords of Karma will make sure that we are learning our lessons in school.
If you need a reading, sign up at www.appliedvedicastrology. Time to show some hidden light and unlock these karmas that often run our lives for years.
My upcoming course Spiritual Astrology and the Schools of Karma will spend a little time going over the Schools of Karma and getting it right this time. https://www.appliedvedicastrology.com/webinar-spiritual-astrology-astrology-karma/
We have revised the curriculum to give you a more profound and detailed feeling of the depth of this very innovative course for understanding past karma and how it manifests and impedes our present life and how we can transform it. Early bird discount through May 1st . 199.00 Class starts May 7th on Go to Meeting and recordings are downloadable for replay or for difficult time zone differences.