SATURN/KETU REVISIT–THE FINAL BATTLE
Saturn goes stationary direct on Sept. 18th and when Saturn is stationary it is more powerful approximately 7 days before and 7 days afterward so roughly Sept 11-25th. Saturn brings lesson around responsibility and hard work, honoring the poor and working people, finding deep spirituality.
Ketu has been tailing Saturn this whole retrograde movement and as Saturn slows, Ketu will very closely on top of it. In the mean node system they will be conjunct on Sept. 15th and will not even separate by 3 degrees until Oct. 15th. This is the final battle and a chance to learn if we had learned our Saturn/Ketu lessons this year. For Scorpio and Capricorn rising and Sagittarius rising and Gemini they have been particularly intense.
There are always blessings with these transits if we dig deeply to uncover their meaning. . Luckily, Jupiter the dispositor for Saturn/Ketu is bringing its deep spiritual wisdom to get us through our deep lessons. Maybe all the dire concerns about the world blowing up will be mitigated by the satvic planets of wisdom and knowledge.
From my Rahu and Ketu class this year, we are learned some of the major lessons of the nodes. To master Ketu, Ketu periods, or Ketu transiting key points of our chart we have to learn the following:
1) Ketu teaches us to be less rigid. He is like a religious priest and zealot with its routines and rules from the past. We need to loosen up. If we are too rigid about doing our spiritual practices so regularly and are not flexible in our lives, we lose the flexibility of being in the moment and enjoying the spontaneity that comes with living life. I remember my spiritual teacher at a very early moment in my spiritual life reminding us that even through it was time to meditate and we were so used to doing it at 5 pm, that we should let go and enjoy our time with him and not get caught up with our routine.
2) Ketu is often connected to past lives and to our past life talents and we may get a bit stuck in our ego of being good what we have learned from the past and have some ego pride and attachment there. This may may prevent us from moving onward in this life-time and into the future and this incarnation which is represented by Rahu. While we may not be as good or confident about this incarnation, we need to approach with a sense of adventure rather than doing things the old way. We need to learn to do things differently.
3) Ketu has to accept the chaos of Rahu and Rahu has to accept the discpline of Ketu. A little chaos creates flexibility. I am reminded of a beautiful story from my Guru who said there are the people who like order and the people who hate rules and love chaos. Rahu dominated people need to learn discipline in order to advance on the spiritual path but Ketu dominated people need to be more flexible and accept chaos.
Anyone who visits India and experiences city life there knows how flexible the Indian people are about accepting chaos. The German people are often know for their orderly society and coherence in creating smooth running situations. Send German people to India and you get a difficult incoherence and emotional upset. The chaos and order of Rahu and Ketu teach us to integrate both aspects into our lives.
4) Ketu has avoid the mistakes of the past. If Ketu is afflicted in your chart—and there is always some affliction somewhere—we have to learn not to repeat the mistakes of the past. It’s like Bill Murray in the movie Ground Hog Day (1993). . Do we keep making the same mistakes and suffer or do we learn and do it better this time?
5) Ketu teaches us to be detached from things falling apart. In our recent article about Ketu and things breaking, we noted that we need to develop an attitude of does not matter rather than get gripped and intense anger when our desires are thwarted and things do not go as planned. This energy will be increasing greatly as we move into September and we have to remember that all happens in God’s time and that he has a plan and that the nature of the material world is always changing and filled with challenges and frustation. Do we smile and accept or do we throw a temper tantrum? I was visiting my auto mechanic yesterday and he had this great attitude. He had two unfinished cars because they had sent him the wrong parts and he smiled and said, what can I do?
The key to Saturn/Ketu is to find a way to smile when things get delayed and fall apart. Usually something better will come if we are patient and wait and Saturn is always teaching us patience and slow and steady wins the race!
September is still at tricky month with Venus in Virgo but the debilitation is cancelled by Mercury and Jupiter will get stronger after Sept. 26th and provide more support to Sagittarius. Figure may be 3 more intense weeks to smile, accept and honor God’s plan.
SUPPORT OUR NEWSLETTER and BLOG WITH A DONATION and be a Patron
Suggested yearly donation: 29.95.
appliedvedicastrology.com/ product/newsletter- subscription/
VEDIC CONSULATIONS WITH BARRY ROSEN–
OVER 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE
SPECIALIZING IN PRACTICAL ADVICE IN HEALTH, FINANCE, RELATIONSHIP, CAREER AND LIFE PURPOSE WITH A FOCUS ON VEDIC AND WESTERN REMEDIES.
If you need help with challenges in your chart, book a reading with us by clicking the consultation tab on our website. https://www.
Get insights into up to 5 major areas of your life. . Called a natal chart reading but really tailored to whatever you need