EYE ON THE SKY: MARS CONJUNCT RAHU
Rahu, the planet of desire and ambition will be conjunct Mars the planet of action exactly on March 28th in the mean node system and March 26th in the true node system. When they are within 3 degrees of each other, there is a strong influence and that will come into play now and until April 3rd. The benevolent aspect from Jupiter in Capricorn will calm the energy down and the energy from Venus being the sign dispositor will also be supportive and prevent some of the uglier things that happen with this aspect. Still, the recent Boulder shooting is the type of wilder energy that can come up. Mars and Rahu in Taurus will stir up crazy events with families or around finance or passionate relationships with partners.
The transit creates great energy to want to act, to move forward, and can unleash huge amounts of energy but if people get in the way, it might lead to losing one’s temper easily. The key with this transit is to take the energy for creative purposes and channel it to create great inventions or technological advancements but avoid being hasty or over-enthusiastic or accidents and overworking could stress the adrenals. Be careful on the road as you will see crazier drivers and people taking wild risks to pass people because they are impatient.
Health-wise, blood pressure can be increased if you do not slow down with this energy so be cautious and avoid being reckless or driving like a maniac. Calm Mars and pita with less spicy food, more coconut water and milk, and more meditation. The Warrior Pose will balance Mars and allow it to stay more focused.
Since Rahu acts like Saturn and is an enemy of Mars, this aspect can be intense and difficult. It will promote outward courage but the Vata/air element of Rahu may promote inner fear. The tendency may be to lash out recklessly so be cautious. If you have this aspect in your natal chart, it may promote good achievement with career, athleticism, and adventure but avoid recklessness and watch rash tempers that might lead to violence.
On a mundane level, this aspect may lead to more political craziness than usual as Mars is about leadership and power and Rahu may drive politicians out of control to make rash decisions.
On a spiritual level, Rahu/Mars can foster the courage to move through difficult spiritual challenges as is clear in the chart of Mahatma Gandhi, a great freedom fighter. We have to think that the protesters in the US and the rest of the world are going to get stirred up by this aspect and get a bit wilder. On a mundane level, we will always have to worry about how much turmoil and protest gets stirred up in the world, and let’s hope that racial protesting goes peaceful. This aspect also suggests we have to pray and meditate for the world as terrorist or psycho energies will get stirred up a bit.
On a personal level, slow down, rest more. The adrenals will be firing and if you run around too much you will feel exhausted. Still, the energy will be there to accomplish a lot and move through huge boulders and projects so it will at least get you unstuck.
My friend Muhammad Imran made a list of qualities that one might have if there was a Mars/Rahu connection in your natal chart. These qualities are tempered by sign/constellation/aspects also. (see: https://www.facebook.com/Muhammad.Imran.Karachi/posts/10212657494422144).
The more negative qualities of Mars/Rahu will get stirred up but you should be aware of the more positive ones also if you have Mars and Rahu well-placed in your natal chart:
1) dashing and photogenic appearance
2) athletic enthusiasm, crazy sports supporter
3) penchant for guns, gadgets, and smoking
4) reckless driving, and auto-accessories and designs
5) traffic violation, accident, and bone-fracture
6) many adventurous tours, rushing, mugging
7) taking muscle-building drugs and food-supplements
8) fondness of war/fighting movies, crime stories
9) rescue/ambulance services, blood donor or sucker
10) producer/transporter of metals or tobacco
11) mechanic, engineer, or builder of mega-structure
12) high-tech machines, gadgets, robots, hardware
13) criminology, bomb-disposal, air-crash investigation
14) terrorist hunting, research on border-dispute
15) affluent brother who lives in faraway city
16) misunderstanding with brother, land dispute
17) crazily loving and then hating an outcaste partner
18) fiery, rough, and wild relationship (in a woman’s chart)
19) odd, wealthy, or foreign partner (in a woman’s chart)
20) partner is a passionate hobbyist or addicted to drugs
So watch that wild energy or just enjoy it and move with it. Mars can be fun for some when he is wild but many cannot handle the energy so be cautious walking on the wild side and how it will impact others.
Special thanks to my teacher Komilla Sutton and all my Jyotish Gurus for their wisdom and continual inspiration.