EYE ON THE SKY: AUTUMN DEPRESSION AND THE SUN’S DEBILITATION
Saturn starts moving toward and exact square or 10th house aspect to the Sun peaking into Oct. 30th. This is happening during the week of the exact debilitation of the Sun at 10 degrees Libra into Oct. 27th. Saturn is still weak in the D9 chart in Aries Navamsha into N0v 7th and creating deep anxiety and Jupiter is at the edge of the sign of Capricorn into Nov. 20th where it can also impact depression as Jupiter governs the liver. Not wanting to predict this but if you feel very low the next week, blame it on the Sun/Saturn combination.
On an emotional level, Saturn/Sun connections can hurt confidence and bring on depression and as fall swings into full swing and the leaves starting coming down, thee is a sense of moving out the summer optimism and into the decay of the fall. When Saturn and the Sun are associated we also have to worry about high blood pressure if you have that component in your natal chart. In Ayurveda, this combination if in your natal chart in the 4th, 5th or 10th or 11th houses, may raise blood pressure and if severely afflicted can lead to heart problems so go easier with exercise and avoid stressful conditions that may affect your heart. Go easier if you have heart or high blood pressure problems and holiday over-eating and lack of exercise can stress the heart and lead to problems.
Sun also rules health for everyone, and I notice the Saturn affliction to it can hurt the immune system which is also why a lot of covid and colds happening and so find products like Colostrum, Vitamin C and Zinc to enhance your immune system. Drink more hot teas and calming teas like Vata Tea to slow things down. Find more hot foods to eat and stay away from eating cold and dry foods in a rush.
While this may be more intensely the last week of October and into early November until the Sun gets out of Swati Nakshatra (Libra 6.40-20.00) on Nov. 5th, there is still some level of it going on now. Saturn cuts off the energy of the Sun and restricts it ability to shine so you may feel lonely and cut-off or inclined to break relationships or quit work because of a conflict with a supervisor. This can lead to depression but this may be felt more when Saturn opposes the Moon on Thursday, Oct 28th.
Stay in relationship. The anecdote for Saturn is always Venus so women, relationship, singing, food, music and dance all help lighten Saturn.
Avoid staying alone and get out with people which stimulates the Libra energy and that will help any isolation and depression. There are herbal formulas for depression like St Johns Wart and numerous Bach Flower remedies and these may be needed but just getting out and being with people can help most. Seek help from a professional if it gets severe. Have to get out and exercise and move, take a motorcycle ride in the wind if you are far enough South to stimulate the air element. Avoid heavy foods like cheeses that clog the liver and weigh down system and drink more raw juices and eat more salads to increase prana in the system..
So how do we deal with difficult transits and what can we do when karma comes back and either we or those around us are suffering?
1) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when its below zero.
2) Donate time and money to help those in need. This is one way to address karma and by getting out of our own stuff, we feel better and move through our own karma.
3) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions especially now. The tendency is to what to escape but usually this leads to more difficult problems quickly.
4) Spend time with spiritual knowledge, attend spiritual gatherings and hang around with positive people at this time. Avoid violent TV and film and ranting TV moderators.
5) Do transformational healing work to move through these energies and uncover why these patterns are up and how you can heal them.
6) Know this will all pass and that the planets are puppeteers pulling their strings and if we understand what is happening, we do not have to buy into it and beat ourselves up.