ASPECTS ONTO THE SUN: THE SUN/SATURN OPPOSITION AND RAHU TRINING THE SUN
The Sun starts moving toward an opposition with Saturn which is exact on August 27th and will be felt most on the next two weekends on days ruled by Sun and Saturn. Rahu is trining the Sun exactly into August 20th from Aries.
Rahu trines the Sun: The trinal aspect of Rahu onto the Sun can increase ego and put Leos in the limelight and can create success but an inflated ego may lead to one feeling like they can conquer the world. Recognition and personal elevation may happen. The Trine from Jupiter is also helping even though it is wide. Remember to stay humble and avoid overreaching too far as inevitably Rahu can over-reach and then fall—which usually happens around the Solar Eclipse which is due on Oct. 14th.
Saturn opposition the Sun: This may be felt on the weekends as we move into the end of August. On an emotional level, Saturn/Sun connections can hurt confidence and bring on depression. It is usually more pronounced in the fall when the Sun goes into Libra Oct. 17-Nov. 16th.
When Saturn and the Sun are associated we also have to worry about high blood pressure if you have that component in your natal chart. In Ayurveda, this combination is in your natal chart in the 4th, 5th or 10th, or 11th houses and may raise blood pressure if severely afflicted can lead to heart problems so go easier with exercise and avoid stressful conditions that may affect your heart. Go easier if you have heart or high blood pressure problems and holiday over-eating and lack of exercise can stress the heart and lead to problems.
Sun also rules health for everyone, and I notice the Saturn affliction to it can hurt the immune system which is also why a lot of covid and colds happen and so find products like Colostrum, Vitamin C, and Zinc to enhance your immune system. Drink more hot teas and calming teas like Vata Tea to slow things down. Find more hot foods to eat and stay away from eating cold and dry foods in a rush.
Saturn cuts off the energy of the Sun and restricts its ability to shine so you may feel lonely and cut off or inclined to break relationships or quit work because of a conflict with a supervisor. This can lead to depression but this may be felt later in the month with the exact opposition on August 27th.
Stay in a relationship. The anecdote for Saturn is always Venus so women, relationships, singing, food, music, and dance all help lighten Saturn.
Avoid staying alone and get out with people which stimulates the Libra energy and that will help any isolation and depression. There are herbal formulas for depression like St Johns Wart and numerous Bach Flower remedies and these may be needed but just getting out and being with people can help most. Seek help from a professional if it gets severe.
Have to get out and exercise and move, take a motorcycle ride in the wind to stimulate the air element. Avoid heavy foods like cheeses that clog the liver and weigh down the system and drink more raw juices and eat more salads to increase prana in the system.
So how do we deal with difficult transits and what can we do when karma comes back and either we or those around us are suffering?
1) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when it’s below zero.
2) Donate time and money to help those in need. This is one way to address karma and by getting out of our stuff, we feel better and move through our karma.
3) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined in doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions, especially now. The tendency is to what to escape but usually, this leads to more difficult problems quickly.
4) Spend time with spiritual knowledge, attend spiritual gatherings, and hang around with positive people at this time. Avoid violent TV and film and ranting TV moderators.
5) Do transformational healing work to move through these energies and uncover why these patterns are up and how you can heal them.
6) Know this will all pass and that the planets are puppeteers pulling their strings and if we understand what is happening, we do not have to buy into it and beat ourselves up.
NEED A CONSULTATION. SIGN UP AT WWW.APPLIEDVEDICASTROLOGY.COM UNDER THE CONSULTATION TAB.