EYE ON THE SKY: COMPLEX EMOTIONS IN THE SKY LATE AUGUST AND SEPTEMBER
The complexity of the astrology this weekend (August 26-27) and into early in the week is difficult . Mars has just moved into Leo but is still weak in early degrees until Sept. 1st with the planet in the difficult gandanta area (Leo 0-0.40 degrees) through Monday where problems seem tied up in knots and difficult to deal with. Deep subconscious anger and regrets about the past can overshadow the mind and in some could lead to anger and violence and revenge. There is a lot of fatigue still from the exhaustion from Cancer so continue to get extra rest. Stay rested so that you are not sleep and fail to see potential problems.
The Sun is still recovering from the eclipse and will a bit happier when it moves out of Magha nakshatra (Leo 0-13.20) late on August 30th. Continue to stay on top of things that are good for your health and stay on top of meditation, yoga and eating properly and getting enough rest. The Sun is still very close to Mercury, who is retrograde, so a very busy and buzzy mind is not creating any mental rest. Probably by Tuesday they will be far enough apart to allow the mind to settle down.
Today on August 27th, the moon is ending its Vaidhitra position where it was on Saturday, a place where the sun and the moon have the same absolute declinations which can create more mental unrest and is not an important time to start new things. Moon moves from Libra into Scorpio, where it is debilitated August 28-30th, creates deep emotional churning for the problems of the past and we have to avoid dwelling in the sewer of past regrets.
Venus is also a bit weak in transit in the Virgo section of D-9 for a few more days where relationship energy gets over-analyzed and too critical and emotional upset is higher. This continues into late Tuesday, August 29th.
Planetary transits improve a bit starting on Wednesday August 30th but retrograde Mercury is moving toward Mars in Leo into Sept. 3rd and within 3 degrees Sept. 1-10th and that will create a tendency toward fighting and disputes and can cause accidents if you are not alert and careful. Mars is stronger in Leo and will have more fighting spirit than in Cancer so watch that sharp tongue still with Venus moving into Ashlesha ( Cancer 16.40-29.59) Sept. 2nd to Sept. 15th.
We had always seen August 26-Sept. 3rd as one of the more difficult weeks of the year and while there was a climax or focal point into August 26th, it is not quite over just yet.
Most of world will have a few drinks, take some drugs, smoke a pack of cigarettes or eat themselves into a numbed-out stupor. That can work for a bit but it is destructive and takes you out of your deepest being.
If you are on spiritual path, what do you do? Those of us on a spiritual path have to go through them. Feel them deeply. The process of feeling them can facilitate their deep release. What are we afraid of? Are we really those stupid feelings or something bigger? Go deep into them and the attention of your consciousness will facilitate their release.
We can always do a bit of spiritual or astrological bypassing and that can help too but remember you are so much bigger than your emotions. If a storm is happening. be Billy Buddy in Herman Melville’s classic. Strap your self to the mast and go through it. Merge with the water and become One. You are the storm and the unbounded emotion.
So if you are not able to do that you can always do the following:
1) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when its below zero.
2) Donate time and money to help those in need. This is one way to address karma and by getting out of our own stuff, we feel better and move through our own karma.
3) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions especially now. The tendency is to what to escape but usually this leads to more difficult problems quickly.
4) Spend time with spiritual knowledge, attend spiritual gatherings and hang around with positive people at this time.
5) Do transformational healing work to move through these energies.
September is still a bit rocky in transition but probably after the equinox on Sept. 22nd, it will start getting lighter as Jupiter will be more solidly in Libra and Mars will move out of Magha nakshatra on Sept. 16th and the Sun will be less afflicted in Virgo after Sept. 16th and Mercury will gradually move away from Mars past the 5 degree critical junction after Sept. 20th.
So you will have to find ways to stay happy, rested, alert and disciplined but the late summer storm should lift after the fall equinox.
All gratitude to my Jyotish Gurus and spiritual Guru for guiding me on this path.
If you are interested in a reading to understand your unique situation, sign up at www.appliedvedicastrology.com under the REQUEST tab. Natal chart readings now 195.00 through August 30th.