EYE ON THE SKY: MARS SQUARE KETU
We are a preview of this summer’s Mars/Ketu conjunction the next few days with Mars squaring Ketu with a full aspect which is exact in the true node system this morning. It is a quick transit and the influence will be over by January 6th when the 3 degree influence is over.
Ketu is that funny mystical guy, the South Node that pulls us toward spirituality and he is a bit out of balance in the business sign of Capricorn.
This aspect may create loss of equilibrium, getting irritated quickly, getting criticized quickly by others, and blocked anger. The key is to find ways to let the anger out with exercise or just screaming in an empty room or car.
Overall, this conjunction is very difficult for the planet and is a signature for violence and terrorism. It is thought that when Mars is retrograde/exalted that it acts like a debilitated planet and would have an impact more subjectively in terms of seething anger.
If you are angry at politicians, find another way to express your feelings in a positive way. Write letters, do posts on Facebook or call your Congressperson. In the extreme, this aspect can lead to accidents, fires, burns and explosions if the energy is not released. Be careful around your home and while driving around those key dates. Even if you are alert, others may not be as aware or mentally present in the moment.
The bright side of the conjunction of Mars/Ketu is that it forces us to face our unconscious fears and repressed angers so we can look at them and transform them.
Capricorns and Scorpions and Aries will feel the impact most of this brief aspect. They need to find an outlet to unlock pent-up anger or it will explode. Exercise and healthy competition is one way to let off steam.
2018 VEDIC ALMANAC
AND TRANSIT GUIDE
What does the New Year Hold for You?
- General political and economic overviews of the year and guide to major events and key challenging points for the year.
- Guide to Saturn in Sagittarius including individual guides for your rising and moon signs.
- Guide to Jupiter in Libra including individual guides for your rising and moon sign. Jupiter in Scorpio.
- Guide to Rahu and Ketu in Cancer and Capricorn including individual guides for your rising and moon sign.
- Major General Guide for Planetary Dashas when the planet is strong or afflicted
- Information on 2018 Eclipses and impacts
- Lists of Major Transits of Mars, Venus, Sun, Mercury and Jupiter connected to your rising sign.
- List of Planetary Retrograde Dates and Explanation
- Periods of Planetary Combustion and Explanation
- Articles about Planetary Aspects and Major aspects of the Year.
- Dates for Kala Sarpa Yoga in Transits
- Major theoretical and astrological articles
- Guide to Sade Sat: The Hidden Insights into What it Means and How to Calculate