EYE ON ASTROLOGY: VENUS CONJUNCT THE SUN
I learn a lot from my Western astrological friends. While combustion is one of the most damaging things for a planet in Vedic astrology, it turns out total combustion within the last degree is a blessing. Venus will be conjunct the Sun in the Eastern US on Monday, Jan. 8th at 11:02 pm EDT.
The exact conjunction of the Sun with Venus on January 8th can be a really good thing and is called cazimi and comes from medieval astrology and it used to refer to planets that are so close to a conjunction with the Sun that they are “in the heart” of the Sun. They actually become energized by the Sun and their most positive qualities come out. This will be a positive for Monday, January 8th when Venus is within 40 minutes of the Sun. An example of cazimi is Oprah Winfrey who has a cazimi Venus in her natal chart; it has made her an incredible star to women and brought out her acting and relationship abilities with the public to a pinnacle. It is fascinating today with timing that the news has her speculating for a run for the 2020 Preidental Nomination as if the Cazimi is pulling her natal chart into the limelight.
Venus Cazimi should be a great day for creativity, artistic development and love. It may increase socializing , luxuriating, going out for fun and amusement. If you are a woman, it may create incredible magnetism and make you Queen for a day and you will attract men more easily. Good day to hit the drawing board if you are an artist. This fulcrum point will last just a day and then the problem issues with Venus combust will return until Feb. 19th and we wrote about them earlier.
All gratitude to my Jyotish Gurus and my spiritual gurus for their continued light and guidance.
VEDIC ALMANAC 2018
We will be moving out of publishing longer-term articles on-line as social media dictates shorter snippets. Our longer-articles are meant for books and hence our Vedic Astrological Almanac and Transit Guide 2018 is perfect vehicle. Part 1 was mailed on Friday and the full document will be mailed by Tuesday is now over 350 pages chocked full of fascinating articles about the transits, the economy, global and country predictions and all the major transits and aspect this year.
Get your copy now.
What does the New Year Hold for You?
VEDIC ASTROLOGICAL ALMANAC
AND TRANSIT GUIDE
- General political and economic overviews of the year and guide to major events and key challenging points for the year.
- General articles teaching what retrogrades, combustion, planetary aspects, dashas and eclipses mean.
- Guide to Saturn in Sagittarius including individual guides for your rising and moon signs.
- Guide to Jupiter in Libra including individual guides for your rising and moon sign. Jupiter in Scorpio.
- Guide to Rahu and Ketu in Cancer and Capricorn including individual guides for your rising and moon sign.
- Major General Guide for Interpreting Planetary Dashas when the planet is strong or afflicted
- Information on 2018 Eclipses and impacts
- Articles and Interpretation of Major Transits of Mars, Venus, Sun, Mercury and Jupiter through all the major signs and connecting them to your rising sign.
- Listings of Full Moons, New Moons and Major Planetary Conjunctions and Oppositions
- Lists of Planetary Nakshatra Transit Dates
- List of Planetary Retrograde Dates and Explanation
- Periods of Planetary Combustion and Explanation
- Articles about Planetary Aspects and Major aspects of the Year.
- Dates for Kala Sarpa Yoga in Transits
- Major theoretical and astrological articles
- Guide to Sade Sat: The Hidden Insights into What it Means and How to Calculate
- Articles about Major Vedic Holidays
- Six major articles on Saturn
- Discussion of Neptune and Uranus and impact on Mundane Astrology