EYE ON THE SKY: MARS IN SCORPIO: JANUARY 16 – MARCH 7
Mars enters Scorpio: January 16th at 18:41 EDT
Mars goes into Scorpio January 16th – March 7th and will be unafflicted except by Rahu from February 14 – 28th but still this transit will be a good time for deep transformation and energy and will particularly support Scorpio rising and a return to better health after the 12th house transit through Libra.
Mars is a bit in transition changing signs from Libra from now and stays weak in transit in the Cancer section of D-9 until Jan. 21st so get extra rest and take time for meditation and spiritual energy.
After Jan. 21st, Mars is strong in it’s own sign of Scorpio, the ruler of the natural 8th house of transformation and intense desires. This increased fire energy will bring a “try anything” attitude to the transit. Mars will have a sharp mind and be very passionate, making quick decisions, solving problems, and enjoying a strong warrior spirit that gets results and excels in short duration tasks. On the downside, this can create arrogance, problems in partnerships, and impatience.
Scorpio is true to conviction and set in its ways. Ketu is the co-ruler of the sign which lends some instability but yields a vast amount of spirituality and this is symbolic of the Scorpio’s need to regenerate itself through suffering and perhaps some self-destructive behaviors. Yet, the beauty here is that Scorpio can experience full vastness of life at levels with great depth and intensity just like the Phoenix, it often dies to the ashes and is reborn into the mythical bird, soaring in transformative freedom.
All in all, it’s a good transit if you want to work hard but just make sure that you don’t leave the job undone. This would be a great time to work on transforming habits and patterns that no longer serve you or diving deep into spiritual, mystical and occult studies.
Mars is still in the constellation of Vishaka, Pada 4. Vishakha (20.00 Libra-3.20 Scorpio) January 16 – 21nd is ruled by Agni and Indra and is a constellation of four stars forming the left half of the scales of Libra. It is connected to the deities of Agni and Indra. Agni has the ability to do Herculean talks to achieve its goals with great fiery energy and courage. Indra provides leadership but may create danger for those around one but may act cowardly at the first sign of danger. People born with this constellation are often seeking a bit of power and status and position. Prash Trivedi notes that the English word ‘fixation’ can best describe the essence of Vishakha, which is marked by concentration and single mindedness, although it can be affected by the nature of the goal it pursues. With the frequency of unwholesome goals, it is a concern for handling vices and people born in this constellation could easily fall prey to alcohol, drugs and sex. Mars is debilitated in this Pada so take time to rest and not overdo it January 16 – 21st.
Aries rising will have an 8th house transit happening so unless you are able to do transformational work, this transit can bring up feeling worried or vulnerable or irritable so be careful not to overwork. Avoid risk-taking and hold firm if falsely accused or if legal issues arise. The more difficult part of the transit for Aries will be February 14 – March 7th.
During the first part of the transit for Aries rising during the January 16th to February 14th, which is more favorable, unexpected money could manifest, desire for research could develop. Attention to health is always advised with 8th house transit.
Scorpio rising will have as strong sense of being home and grounded in the self between January 16 – February 13th but may have more challenges in the constellation of Jyestha, February 14 – March 7th since Mars and Mercury are enemies and this can lead to disputes but also strong business development with new partners.
This is an excerpt from our book. The complete article is much longer. If you want more detailed transit information get our book! We will be publishing shorter pieces on social media and only longer articles on the weekends now.
OUR BOOK HAS BEEN DELIVERED! 369 Pages of Articles and Interpretations, Insights on how to understand transits and use them and global and economic forecasts. Will be more expensive on Amazon when it comes out in a few weeks so get the pre-publication direct from us at a discount!
Over 360 pages of useful information
(Not a Panchanga or daily calendar but articles and interpretations)
This book in PDF format (e-book) and is downloadable and includes:
- General political and economic overviews of the year and guide to major events and key challenging points for the year.
- General articles teaching what retrogrades, combustion, planetary aspects, dashas and eclipses mean.
- Guide to Saturn in Sagittarius including individual guides for your rising and moon signs.
- Guide to Jupiter in Libra including individual guides for your rising and moon sign. Jupiter in Scorpio.
- Guide to Rahu and Ketu in Cancer and Capricorn including individual guides for your rising and moon sign.
- Major General Guide for Interpreting Planetary Dashas when the planet is strong or afflicted.
- Information on 2018 Eclipses and impacts.
- Articles and Interpretation of Major Transits of Mars, Venus, Sun, Mercury and Jupiter through all the major signs and connecting them to your rising sign.
- Listings of Full Moons, New Moons and Major Planetary Conjunctions and Oppositions.
- Lists of Planetary Nakshatra Transit Dates.
- List of Planetary Retrograde Dates and Explanation .
- Periods of Planetary Combustion and Explanation .
- Articles about Planetary Aspects and Major aspects of the Year.
- Dates for Kala Sarpa Yoga in Transits.
- Major theoretical and astrological articles.
- Guide to Sade Sat: The Hidden Insights into What it Means and How to Calculate.
- Articles about Major Vedic Holidays.
- Six major articles on Saturn.
- Discussion of Neptune and Uranus and impact on Mundane Astrology.
Order on PayPal:
Your copy will be emailed within 24 – 48 hours.
Email questions to email@example.com