EYE ON SPIRITUALITY: EASTER/PASSOVER MESSAGE
The Sun’s Divine energy is full in the sign of Aries and rekindling a spiritual rebirth today. Easter Sunday rejoices in allowing the Christ energy within to be enlivened and to flame-up in our soul. I just attended a wonderful Passover Seder and was reminded of the symbolism of freedom from slavery and the rebirth and renewal that took place with the fleeing from Egypt through God’s grace and reminder of our personal journey from the bondage of ignorance into the freedom of moving toward liberation of the soul and Divine revelation.
Spiritual ponderings from weekend reflections:
1) We are here to enjoy and not work ourselves into our grave. The economy and the material realm of cravings push us to give up precious relationship time with friends and family. Older people who are getting ready to pass often are asked what they regret and it was that they worked too much and did not spend enough time with their family.
2) We are here not to repeat the same mistakes of the past. I am often reminded of my favorite movie, Ground Hog Day with Bill Murray. Are we going to endlessly make the same mistakes and wake up in the same bad dream that we are stuck in or are we going to make new choices and wake-up reborn, with a new life of joy and enthusiasm. If we have bad relationship karma, are we going to accept responsibility for what we do wrong and do it better this time?
3) We have to be conscious and not make the same mistakes which means choosing kindness and compassion over blaming and fault-finding and complaining. If you are not willing to fix it and do something about it, you have not right to endlessly complain about it.
4) We have to exercise ethical judgment. In an age of Rahu where cheating and corruption and swindling are the norm, we have to strive to do the right thing even when its not easy. I miss those stories on the news where people find lost money and find a way to track it back to the owner and give it back.
5. We have to find Jupiter and defeat Rahu and not accept corruption in government as the norm. We have to return to teaching moral values at home and in classroom and not let our kids get corrupted by violence and celebration of evil that has become the norm on television. Time to turn off your television, let your kid play only playground games with other kids, keep them away from violent video games, cell phones and return to old-fashioned values.
6. We need to return to simple, taking care of people, sharing and not spend our time hiding in our addictions, numbing out to violent television and find time to make a difference in other’s life.
All of these require making major changes, choosing new patterns and creating new pathways in our life. It can be done but it takes a conscious effort and an active choice. We have to be alert and awake to do it.
We are here on this planet, to give and to love and to share and to help others. We are not here in the Age of Rahu to accumulate as many new gadgets as we can, waste or life numbing our to our emotional pain and harming anyone or anything.
A little yoga, meditation, conscious awareness and mindful action and can make a difference. Find time to change your life with your spiritual practices.
Easter is completing. . Time for rebirth, renewal and doing things difference. You can make a difference in your life and in others. Time to love!
Happy Holidays Everyone. Enjoy an compete your rebirth today with an act of kindness.
Will end with this wonderful quote from Yogananda about the Birth of Christ at Christmas but Easter also reminds of rebirth:
” Every day, every hour, every golden second, Christ has been knocking… Now, in this august sacred dawn, Christ is especially coming in answer to your inner call, to awaken his Christ Consciousness Omnipresence within you.
This Christ of Everywhere is sleeping in the breast of Eternity; He loves to take new birth at any time, anywhere, especially in the warmth of your true affection. Though the Infinite Christ is present in every speck of space as the splendor of ever new wisdom and creative expression, you can never see Him unless He chooses to be seen in the cradle of your unceasing devotion. The cozy crib of your heart has for a very long time been small, holding self-love alone; now you must make it enormous, so that social, national, international, and Cosmic Christ-love may be born there and become One Love.
The Infinite Christ is everywhere; worship His nativity in Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, Moslem, Jewish, and other true religious temples. Every expression of Truth flows from the All-pervading Christ perception, so learn to worship that sacred Universal Intelligence in every pure religion, belief, and teaching. Since the Cosmic Christ dreamed into existence the divine being that is man, you should celebrate the birth of Christ in your newly awakened equal love for every nationality and race.”
From “A Cradle for the Christ of Everywhere” in _The Second Coming of Christ_