Many Vedic astrologers forget to connect the natural sign significations to the houses. Remedies for houses can naturally be found in the natural sign associations to the house. If you have afflictions to the 6th house then Virgo activity is required including non-violence, purity, service, healing, and discipline. Connecting to Vishnu, the lord of Virgo, may be useful. Remedies for Aquarius may involve doing humanitarian activity connected to social activist groups to support humanity and the natural 11th house in order to move through difficult karma. If your 4th house is afflicted and you have issues around mother, home, or real estate than you need to follow the essence of Cancer which involves nurturing, healing, cooling and compassion and you need to strengthen the Moon. You may need to do cooking, volunteer to support mothers or do home renovation or volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
We often need to heal and do things that we are not good at. This becomes a challenge because our ego tends to want to practice our talents in order to get praise and ego gratification rather than work on things that are not good which can start a negative self-critical feedback loop. We do not do the things that are hard for us because we are hard on ourselves when we do not excel at them. I had a Libra rising client who had a debilitated Venus in the 12th in Virgo and I suggested she sing in a woman’s choir even if it was difficult for her and she did not have the talent. She totally blossomed and also got over her challenging relationships with other women. We have to remember to do the more difficult things that are not easy for us if we are to grow–its like the Bill Murray movie, Ground Hog Day (1993). We work on our challenges until we get it right.
Here is a list of karaka remedies or planetary significations if you have a weak or afflicted planet in this area. For example if have Venus in Virgo or Scorpio or Aries or afflicted by Mars you may need to: Sing, dance, cook; paint; make jewelry; performing arts; draw; get involved in fashion design or musical theater.
Here is list of other things that might be hard to do but which will strengthen you. The planet might be in a debilitated or enemy sign, in a difficult house like the 3,6th, 8th or 12th house or be closely conjunct a malefic like Rahu, Ketu, Saturn or Mars. If so you may have to strengthen the karaka value.
- Moon: Mothering; cooking; supporting women; home decorating and remodeling.
- Sun: Take on a leadership role; support a single father support his child ; mentor someone; get on stage and take acting classes;
- Mars: Help your siblings; support veterans, get involved in athletics and competitive sports; join a volunteer police or fire-fighting organization.
- Mercury: Teach children; go to Toastmasters and get involved in public speaking; take a writing class; spend more time reading rather than listening to podcasts; work with the earth and do some gardening.
- Rahu: Fight corruption and crime; work with organizations that support fighting pollution and support the environment; support organizations that fight addictions.
- Ketu: Visit ashrams, meditate; go on pilgrimages and walkabouts;
- Saturn: Do volunteer work to support the poor and elderly; get physical exercise and be in your body; help those who are suffering; get involved in yoga and meditation.
- Jupiter: Study the Vedas; teach; be a Guru or advisor to others; get involved in counseling; volunteer for organizations that support the law and justice; help get weight gain under control.
Remember if you have afflicted planets, then doing these things may not be easy for you so find the courage to work on the things that do not work in your life.
Watch our You Tube Video preview of Secret of the Houses:
Need more Secrets of the Houses? Enjoy our book, Finding Your Blind Spots Using Vedic Astrology
Or take our new course: Secret of the Houses 2nd Edition starting on May 5th.
Or take our newest live course starting on May 5th on Secret of the Houses (2nd Edition) .
Now divided neatly into two sections of 9 weeks each if you only want to do 1/2 a class with Part 1 focusing on more intermediate techniques to understand houses and their judgment.
|So I have organized the Secret of the Houses course into 2 sections so that if you do not have time for the whole course, you can get deep knowledge from Part 1 which covers more intermediate topics like Bhadaka, Argala, Houses from the Arudha Lagna, Dagda Rashi or Burnt houses that impact pscyhology and many other topics. Part 1 has the Moksha House covering the more difficult 4th and 8th and 12th houses which people always want to discover.
Early bird by April 29th is 195.00 for Part 1.
SECRETS OF THE HOUSES
PREDICTIVE TECHNIQUES, REMEDIES, AND PSYCHOLOGICAL DEPTH
BLOCK 1: May 5-June 16
BLOCK 2: June 16-August 25th