EYE ON THE SKY: HOLIDAY DEPRESSION AND MOVING TOWARD SATURN CONJUNCT SUN
Saturn starts moving toward combustion with the Sun starting January 1st and is exactly conjunct into Jan. 13th but just having them in the same sign of Sagittarius together with Ketu and Pluto is a bit too strong. Add the waning moon into Dec. 26th and the winter solstice and the long dark days and its easy to get depressed. Jupiter combustion now which is connected to liver can also add depression if you do not stay on top of liver health and we discussed this in our article on Jupiter combustion.
On an emotional level, Saturn/Sun connections can hurt confidence and bring on depression and given that Christmas is coming up with the Solar Eclipse at 10 degrees Sagittarius at the New moon, we cannot but help worry about depression energy. Yesterday, we talked about the Winter Solstice and dark days also contributing to depression. When Saturn and the Sun are together we also have to worry about high blood pressure if you have that component in your natal chart. In Ayurveda, this combination if in your natal chart in the 4th, 5th or 10th or 11th houses, may raise blood pressure and if severely afflicted can lead to heart problems so go easier with exercise and avoid stressful conditions that may affect your heart. Go easier if you have heart or high blood pressure problems and holiday over-eating and lack of exercise can stress the heart and lead to problems. This may be more of a problem with Sun in Ketu’s constellation and moving toward Saturn.
Sun also rules health for everyone, and I notice the Saturn affliction to it can hurt the immune system which is also why a lot of flu seems to break out around the holidays so find products like Colostrum to enhance your immune system.
While this may be felt more in January, there is still some level of it going on now. Saturn cuts off the energy of the Sun and restricts it ability to shine so you may feel lonely and cut-off or inclined to break relationships or quit work because of a conflict with a supervisor. This can lead to depression but this may be felt more after the holidays when Saturn is conjunct the moon Dec. 26-27th.
Holidays tend to bring out depression and the tendency is to overeat rather than deal with the stuffed feelings. Somehow family gatherings inevitably bring up opportunities to heal past karma and it is never easy. Remember when your patterns come up that it is the past and you and your family are different people now– or at least we hope so. Practice the mantra, that was then, this is now. Exert your Sun and your new Self now so that they see who you are and not lost in who you think you are
Stay in relationship. The anecdote for Saturn is always Venus so women, relationship, singing, food, music and dance all help lighten Saturn.
Avoid staying alone and get out with people which stimulates the Libra energy and that will help any isolation and depression. There are herbal formulas for depression like St Johns Wart and numerous Bach Flower remedies and these may be needed but just getting out and being with people can help most. Seek help from a professional if it gets severe. Have to get out and exercise and move, take a motorcycle ride in the wind if you are far enough South to stimulate the air element. Avoid heavy foods like cheeses that clog the liver and weigh down system and drink more raw juices and eat more salads to increase prana in the system..
The eclipse can trigger weird emotional energies which may be felt more around Christmas. There is a nightmarish quality with all the planets in Sagittarius planets and you have to take care of yourself so as not to lose it. As I pointed out before, some of it may be good with Jupiter in the heart of the Sun on Dec. 26th-27th and it will temporary combat it.
So how do we deal with difficult transits and what can we do when karma comes back and either we or those around us are suffering?
1) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when its below zero.
2) Donate time and money to help those in need. This is one way to address karma and by getting out of our own stuff, we feel better and move through our own karma.
3) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions especially now. The tendency is to what to escape but usually this leads to more difficult problems quickly.
4) Spend time with spiritual knowledge, attend spiritual gatherings and hang around with positive people at this time. Avoid violent TV and film and ranting TV moderators.
5) Do transformational healing work to move through these energies and uncover why these patterns are up and how you can heal them.
6) Know this will all pass and that the planets are puppeteers pulling their strings and if we understand what is happening, we do not have to buy into it and beat ourselves up.
Have a Happy Holiday and help others in need and that will get you of any self-pity. Our problems are so small compared to so many on the planet and we have so much to be grateful for. Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah!
GLIDE INTO THE NEW YEAR WITH GREAT KNOWLEDGE AND ADVICE AND HOLIDAY DISCOUNTS.
EARLY BIRD SPECIALS ON NEW CLASSES:
STARTING IN JANUARY:
INTERMEDIATE PRINCIPLES OF INTERPRETATION: 295.00
Click here for more information:
NEW YEAR SNEAK PREVIEW :
THE TRANSITS OF 2020 AND WORLD EVENTS
Live Webniar presenation
SUNDAY, JANUARY 5TH AT 10:00 AM CST
GO TO WEBINAR.
FREE WITH ANY PURCHASE
OTHERWISE 24.95. (sign up link sent with purchase)
Need help with these difficult transits and tensions and problems in your life? Get a consultation from Barry Rosen.
Barry’s consultations are there to help you make difficult decisions, see your life plan and purpose, help you decide if moving to another location will improve your life, get help with relationships, get insight into difficult to diagnose health concerns that the doctors cannot figure out, offer help around investment astrology and finance and career and much more. Practical Western and Vedic remedies are suggested to provide solutions and help you move through difficult areas of your life.
Over thirty years experience since 1987! When is the head-wind going to end and when will the tail-wind carry me to my goals? What practical remedies can you do to make a difference. Barry has over 40 years experience with many Western healing modalities as well as traditional Vedic ones.
- If you are not sure what kind of a reading you need, get a free consultation by filling out the interview form below.
- The 10-15 minute interview is free so that I can get clear on your needs. I try to cover urgent questions at the interview. I do give preference and slots to people who pre-pay for the reading.
- My basic readings run 195 or 225 depending on what you need. If you need a focused reading for 60-90 minutes on relationship compatibility or astro-relocation or investment I charge 295.00.