EYE ON THE SKY: TOO MUCH SATURN
Saturn is weak in transit until early Feb as it changes signs from Sagittarius into Capricorn and stays between 29 Sag. and 1 degree Capricorn. It is still very close to Pluto within a few degrees so the darker side of Saturn comes out with gloominess, depression and pessimism and you have to work hard to stay on top of it if Saturn is prominent in your chart for Capricorn and Aquarius rising and Saturn Atmakaraka or if you have Saturn in the 1st house in your natal chart or Saturn conjunct or aspecting your moon in your natal chart.
Saturn will be conjunct the moon into Jan. 23rd and then there will be a 60 degree aspect to the moon into Jan. 28th and so there is a strong window for depression over the coming weeks. Mercury in Saturn’s sign of Capricorn also increases pessimism and negative thinking and so it takes extra energy to keep your mind out of the dumps. Sun is also in Capricorn dampening enthusiasm and joy. Dismiss darker tendencies and talk out your problems with professionals and avoid being isolated.
The astrology is heavier for a few weeks into Feb. 1-4th r and we are going to have to stay disciplined with exercise, yoga and diet or we will suffer more. Find ways to combat depression by doing more exercise, meditation, positive self-talk, yoga. The tree pose in yoga will help bring in more solar energy into the crown chakra and even a simple touching the toes exercise will stimulate the solar plexus which may be a bit imploded by this transit so it digestion may be sluggish and stomach fire or weak agni
Avoid staying alone and get out with people which stimulates the Libra energy and that will help any isolation and depression. There are herbal formulas for depression like St Johns Wart and numerous Bach Flower remedies and these may be needed but just getting out and being with people can help most. Seek help from a professional if it gets severe. Have to get out and exercise and move, take a motorcycle ride in the wind (if the climate permits) to stimulate the air element. Avoid heavy foods like cheeses that clog the liver and weigh down system and drink more raw juices and eat more salads to increase prana in the system if this works for your body type. In the winter for extreme vata types, this will not work and will increase anxiety but in certain parts of the globe where it is summer and if you are a fiery individual, this may help.
Here are some reminders. So much suffering can be short-circuited if we are disciplined:
So how do we deal with difficult transits and what can we do when karma comes back and either we or those around us are suffering?
1) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when its below zero. Hanuman Chalisa (on You Tube) can give your courage and energy to increase the Mars energy and overcome Saturn.
2) Donate time and money to help those in need. This is one way to address karma and by getting out of our own stuff, we feel better and move through our own karma. On Saturdays donate to the poor and homeless and to orphanages and to the blind.
3) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions especially now. The tendency is to what to escape but usually this leads to more difficult problems quickly.
4) Spend time with spiritual knowledge, attend spiritual gatherings and hang around with positive people at this time. Avoid violent TV and film and ranting TV moderators.
5) Do transformational healing work to move through these energies and uncover why these patterns are up and how you can heal them.
6) Know this will all pass and that the planets are puppeteers pulling their strings and if we understand what is happening, we do not have to buy into it and beat ourselves up. It seems more difficult with Saturn until about Feb 4th and then it will lift as Saturn moves enough beyond Pluto and Mercury will get out of Capricorn also by Jan. 30th but then moves into another Saturnian sign of Aquarius which I think is much better.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR LIFE? BOOK A READING TO HELP MOVE THROUGH YOUR CHALLENGES!
BARRY FOCUSES ON PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS AND REMEDIES.
I have about 4-5 openings left through the end of Januuary now.
If you need help with challenges in your chart, book a reading with us by clicking the consultation tab on our website. https://www.appliedvedicastrology.com/consultations/