EYE ON THE SKY: EMOTIONALLY GRUNGY WEEK
There is a lot of underlying tension in the air. The moon is in Scorpio July 29-30th and it tends to bring up deep emotional subconscious fears and tensions. Venus in the process of changing signs out of Taurus into Gemini and is weak the next few days at the end of the sign in Virgo navamsha in the D9 where sexual and emotional energies are up as well as a tendency to be too critical in relationship. The Sun has one more day where it is debilitated in the D9 so self-confidence and optimism are a bit low. The good news is that most of these energies are temporary and will lift by Saturday. All of this makes us feel a bit depressed, on edge and the world atmosphere with Covid, China and racial tensions is not helping.
Do we go into a bomb shelter? Most of world will have a few drinks, take some drugs, smoke a pack of cigarettes or eat themselves into a numbed-out stupor. That can work for a bit but it is destructive and takes you out of your deepest being. People on a spiritual path binge-watch Netflix or overeat themselves into a stupor.
Why are we so afraid of our emotions? We have to remember that they are not real and they change quickly and we have to do enough meditation and yoga to witness our mind so that we can free ? Those of us on a spiritual path have to go through them. Feel them deeply. The process of feeling them can facilitate their deep release. What are we afraid of? Are we really those stupid feelings or something bigger? Go deep into them and the attention of your consciousness will facilitate their release. Feel the depth of these emotions with your full consciousness and you can help
We can always do a bit of spiritual or astrological bypassing and that can help with meditation too but remember you are so much bigger than your emotions. If a storm is happening, be Billy Buddy in Herman Melville’s classic. Strap your self to the mast and go through it. In the end you will find that your eternal Self is so much bigger than a few waves and in fact you are the waves and you are ocean. How can you be afraid of the very water that you are made of. Stay strapped to the mast, whatever storms come, say, I am here and let them come through me. How can we run away from a tiny emotion? What power can it really have over us?
Don’t the storms make you deeper and a more powerful person? Embrace them? . Realize that you are unchanging and nothing can touch you. You are invincible. Merge with the water and become One.
So if you are not able to do that you can always do the following:
1) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when its below zero.
2) Donate time and money to help those in need. This is one way to address karma and by getting out of our own stuff, we feel better and move through our own karma.
3) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions especially now. The tendency is to what to escape but usually this leads to more difficult problems quickly. Maybe not stay up until 2 am watching 10 episodes on Netflix and get some extra rest.
4) Spend time with spiritual knowledge, attend spiritual gatherings and hang around with positive people at this time.
5) Do transformational healing work to move through these energies.
This current phase will lighten up quickly. Mars is still quite strong and Jupiter also and Venus may be a bit a bit complicated within 3 degrees of Rahu the north node August 1-8th but on the bright side it can lead to a lot of creative energy or sexual energy, however you want to express it.