EYE ON THE SKY: THREE ELEPHANTS IN THE ROOM
Many of my colleagues were correct in predicting the impact of the Solar Eclipse on the US at it has triggered deep suffering for many. As one of my colleagues, Juliana Swanson, noted, the Solar Eclipse conjunct Mars would bring fires and our hearts go out to the poor people in the Santa Rosa area and Oregon that are dealing with calamity. I unfortunately know 4 people who have fled and lost their homes. Many of us have been touched by tragedy in some way with friends in Florida or Houston or Puerto Rico. Personally, I have had 3 friends pass in the the last 3 weeks from heart attacks and accidents. We tend to eternalize tragedy and think that it will go continue forever, but I suspect after Thanksgiving this year, much of it will lift although so think that the impact of a total solar eclipse may continue for six months for an area until the next one lifts.
We have written about the strong astrological influences in the sky for months but the three major elephants in the room are: 1) Saturn in the gandanta at the end of Scorpio; 2) Rahu in the Cancer gandanta at the end of Cancer aspecting Saturn and 3) the Kala Sarpa/Amrita Yoga will all the planets hemmed in between Rahu and Ketu ever two week. We can can now add a few more elephants with Venus in Virgo until Nov 3 and Sun going into Libra and being more damaging Oct. 17-Nov. 6th.
If you have not been following my columns, here is a brief summary of each of all of these impacts:
1) Saturn at the end of Scorpio in now entering the deepest part of the stinger’s tail at 29.20 Scorpio until it goes into Sagittarius on Oct. 26th and then even in early Sag until Nov. 3rd. Here it brings up deep psychological and emotional churning and deep suffering. It is thought that Saturn manifests its deepest suffering at the end of a sign and particularly on the 3rd time through after the retrograde where stirred problems come up for final resolutions to teach us responsibility, hard-work and moving us out of the material energies of Jyestha nakshatra (Scorpio 16.40-29.59) in the more spiritual energy of Sagittarius and Mula nakshatra (Sagittarius 0-13.20) where the material is often destroyed to remind us our our purpose to uncover our Divine nature.
2) Rahu has been in the Cancer gandanta (Cancer 26.40-29.59) but is out of the worse part of it but in the true node system. It does not leave the poisonous energy of Ashlesha Nakshatra and the fixed star of Hydrea (Cancer 16.20-29.59) until the spring but is out of the worse part of it by Nov. 2nd in the true node system and Saturn going into Sagittarius on Oct. 26th will help a little. Rahu/Saturn aspects churn up deep fear and paranoia. Rahu is an achiever and Saturn is an ascetic and the the two remind us and encourage detachment from the world and both are trying to guide us, through painful lessons, of the ultimate truths of the world that the changing material world is an illusion and that we are here to discover our Divinity. Sometimes dear and important things are taken away from us to to remind us that everything is changing.
We hang onto possessions, our body, family as if we expect them to be there forever. When something is taken away, the go into a deep level of grief. Saturn is at work. It destroys everything and will continue to destroy everything until we realize that everything is changing and only the Divine is non-Changing. Live life as though everything were gone already because on some level it it really is and then you can roll with the punches and be fearless you can move beyond attachment to the reality that there is no such thing as death, just the maya of illusion that we think everything is permanent.
3) The Kala Sarpa/Amrita Yoga is now operating again until Oct. 29th where all the planets are hemmed in between Rahu in Cancer and Ketu in Capricorn and the solar and lunar energies get imbalanced and there is too much yang or male energy where intense drive to achieve something takes over the calmer lunar energy of nurturing that wants to keep us in balance. If we do not slow down with this energy, it consumes us with over-ambition, thurst for power and male dominant energy out of control. Breathe, meditate, get a massage, eat properly and slow down or you will stay wound up like a top about to explode.
All of these emotional and psychological patterns are all tricks that hold us prisoner if we buy into them. The power of spiritual practice is to get beyond them so that you are empowered to change your attitude and the way you see things so you can shift.
So what can we do when karma comes back to us or we are impacted by the suffering of others.
- Firstly, we have to stay away from the TV as it is feeding the negative forces and making us think that the world is a terrible place and we are all going to die tomorrow.
- Reach generously into your pocketbooks and help others, be kind, generous, start a service project rather than rant about the inept and uncaring politicians. Just because our leaders are not setting good examples , does not mean that we cannot go out into our communities and make a difference.
3) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when its below zero.
4) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions especially now. The tendency is to want to escape but usually this leads to more difficult problems quickly.
5) Do transformational healing work to move through these energies and uncover why these patterns are up and how you can heal them.
6) If you are inclined toward vedic practices, there are mantras and ceremonies that can help clear the mind and life the fog that is blocking you from moving forward.
Remember this too will pass. I suspect a lot will lighten up after Nov. 3rd-6th but it may seem more intense until then.
Remember, you are the power and the light and not the victim of the planets. You are so much more powerful than a gem or a puja and you are here to master the planets and not be a victim. Reach down for that extra strength to transform your life.
May God’s angels wrap you and your loved ones in protective angels wings and guiding you through all the suffering and turmoil. God Bless!
If you need help understanding your chart and transformational healing , view our services at http://www.appliedvedicastrology.com/category/services/
Note: Peoples charts and transits are very individual and we write general articles that maybe useful to all our readers. In reality, Vedic astrology is very much like reading very specific strands of DNA.