EYE ON THE SKY: HOLIDAY DEPRESSION AND MOVING TOWARD SATURN CONJUNCT SUN
Saturn starts moving toward combustion with the Sun exactly into Dec. 10th but the orb of influence is about 15 degrees so it starts getting burned by the Sun on Nov. 23rd and does not leave the influence of the Sun until after Dec. 28th. Saturn combustion can bring out the darker qualities of Saturn. In the early stages it my promote hard work, efficiency, clarity and reliability at work but as it gets closer to the can make work intense, cause problems between bosses an co-workers, mistreatment by employers and resistance to authority. We have mentioned in previous articles that given riots and police brutality, we do not need this planetary conjunction into Dec. 10th.
On an emotional level it can hurt confidence and bring on depression and given that Thanksgiving is always with the Sun going through Saturn’s constellation of Anuradha, we cannot help but thinking there is a component of that. In Ayurveda, this combination if in your natal chart in the 4th, 5th or 10th or 11th houses, may raise blood pressure and if severely afflicted can lead to heart problems so go easier with exercise and avoid stressful conditions that may affect your heart. Go easier if you have heart or high blood pressure problems the next few weeks and visit your doctor to monitor it if it seems to be acting up.
Sun also rules health for everyone, and I notice the Saturn affliction to it can hurt the immune system which is also why a lot of flu seems to break out around the holidays so find products like Colostrum to enhance your immune system.
If you are born with the Sun very close to Saturn in your natal chart within a few degrees, this signature could lead to over-responsibility and taking on too much work and this could stress your heart and circulatory system so lighten up if you are start pushing yourself. If you are running a Sun/Saturn period or a Saturn/Sun period and have a tight signature in your natal chart, this transit may be most difficult.
Saturn cuts off the energy of the Sun and restricts it ability to shine so you may feel lonely and cut-off or inclined to break relationships or quit work because of a conflict with a supervisor. This can lead to depression but this may be felt more after the holidays when Saturn is conjunct the moon Nov. 29-31st and this may retrigger the Saturn/Mars conjunction energy that was so intense last August as my friend Juliana Swanson reminded me.
Holidays tend to bring out depression and the tendency is to overeat rather than deal with the stuffed feelings. Somehow family gatherings inevitably bring up opportunities to heal past karma and it is never easy. Remember when your patterns come up that it is the past and you and your family are different people now– or at least we hope so. Practice the mantra, thatwas then, this is now. Exert your Sun and your new Self now so that they see who you are and not lost in who you think you are.
Stay in relationship. The anecdote for Saturn is always Venus so women, relationship, singing, food, music and dance all help lighten Saturn.
Moon in Leo now and moving toward Ketu in Aquarius until Dec. 7-8th will retrigger the Kala Sarpa Yoga in transit and the last peak of that transit was right at the election. There is a nightmarish quality of all the planets stuck between the nodes and you have to take care of yourself so as not to lose it. The combination of Sun/Saturn peaking into Dec. 10th and the Kala Sarpa Yoga does not bode for an easy time the next few weeks. .
So how do we deal with difficult transits and what can we do when karma comes back and either we or those around us are suffering?
1) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when its below zero.
2) Donate time and money to help those in need. This is one way to address karma and by getting out of our own stuff, we feel better and move through our own karma.
3) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions especially now. The tendency is to what to escape but usually this leads to more difficult problems quickly.
4) Spend time with spiritual knowledge, attend spiritual gatherings and hang around with positive people at this time. Avoid violent TV and film and ranting TV moderators.
5) Do transformational healing work to move through these energies and uncover why these patterns are up and how you can heal them.
6) Know this will all pass and that the planets are puppeteers pulling their strings and if we understand what is happening, we do not have to buy into it and beat ourselves up.
For a look into your chart, visit our service page at : https://www.appliedvedicastrology.com/category/services/ and sign up for an interview under the request tab.
Have a Happy Holiday and help others in need and that will get you of any self-pity. Our problems are so small compared to so many on the planet and we have so much to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!