Sun enters Capricorn: MAKAR SANKRANTI, JANUARY 14
Sun moves into Capricorn on Sunday, January 14th and it is a larger event than you might imagine. In the Vedic calendar it is the real beginning of the New Year where the days start lengthening and more light descends on the planet. Even with the Sun in Capricorn, an enemy’s sign, it is considered very auspicious for starting the new business year and in fact the financial outlook for a country is calculated for the planetary ingress here for the next year based on the Capital of that country. It is often the start of the upward business cycles into July as the waxing Sun and longer days on the year are a better time to start businesses as there is more solar energy. (See our Business astrological services: https://www.appliedvedicastrology.com/business-astrology/
Surya, the Sun God, is regarded as the symbol of divinity and wisdom, and is one of the most important planets (heavenly bodies) of the zodiac and our daily lives. It represents a new kind of new year – a “new beginning” for which we want to strengthen the Sun within in our lives.
Surya actually means self, representing in our Jyotish (Vedic Astrology) charts both the big Self, and our little individual egos. As The Self, or Atman, Surya stands for and represents that Divine quality that all of us have within us. Thus, it is good to give some attention to this element within ourselves. So it represents a day to celebrate our individuality and the Divinity within.
The equivalent for Westerners would be for us to clean a closet out on Friday, January 13th and take stuff to the dumpster or give stuff away to the 2nd hand store which becomes symbolic of discarding the old and then on January 14th to celebrate our own individuality as well as, the Divine within and revisiting our New Year’s resolutions or making a list of intentions if we did not get to it on January 1st when the Western culture tends to do so.
Apart from a harvest festival, Makar Sankranti is also regarded as the beginning of an auspicious phase in Indian culture. It is said as the ‘holy phase of transition.’ It marks the end of an inauspicious phase which according to the Hindu calendar begins around mid – December. It is believed that any auspicious and sacred ritual can be sanctified this day onwards.
It represents realization, transformation and purification of the soul by imbibing and inculcating Divine virtues. So think of Saturday as a time to release the old, to release the past and move forward and get ready for the new solar year and a new business cycle on Sunday.
Our almanac will be mailed today. Over 350 pages of insights for the coming year and lots of wonderful articles on understand transits, retrogrades, combustions, dashas and much more.
VEDIC ASTROLOGICAL ALMANAC AND TRANSIT GUIDE: 2018
Over 350 pages of useful information
(Not a Panchanga or daily calendar but articles and interpretations)
This book in PDF format (e-book) and is downloadable and includes:
- General political and economic overviews of the year and guide to major events and key challenging points for the year.
- General articles teaching what retrogrades, combustion, planetary aspects, dashas and eclipses mean.
- Guide to Saturn in Sagittarius including individual guides for your rising and moon signs.
- Guide to Jupiter in Libra including individual guides for your rising and moon sign. Jupiter in Scorpio.
- Guide to Rahu and Ketu in Cancer and Capricorn including individual guides for your rising and moon sign.
- Major General Guide for Interpreting Planetary Dashas when the planet is strong or afflicted.
- Information on 2018 Eclipses and impacts.
- Articles and Interpretation of Major Transits of Mars, Venus, Sun, Mercury and Jupiter through all the major signs and connecting them to your rising sign.
- Listings of Full Moons, New Moons and Major Planetary Conjunctions and Oppositions.
- Lists of Planetary Nakshatra Transit Dates.
- List of Planetary Retrograde Dates and Explanation .
- Periods of Planetary Combustion and Explanation .
- Articles about Planetary Aspects and Major aspects of the Year.
- Dates for Kala Sarpa Yoga in Transits.
- Major theoretical and astrological articles.
- Guide to Sade Sat: The Hidden Insights into What it Means and How to Calculate.
- Articles about Major Vedic Holidays.
- Six major articles on Saturn.
- Discussion of Neptune and Uranus and impact on Mundane Astrology.
Order on PayPal:
Your copy will be emailed within 24 – 48 hours.
Email questions to email@example.com
Order by Phone at 928-284-5740. Ext 5983 or 5000.