EYE ON ASTROLOGY: MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS OF CHART ANALYSIS
I find that people get too identified too much with their natal chart as if they were a line on stone. So if they are Scorpio rising in their birth chart than they pigeon-hole themselves into a Scorpio box. In reality we are more of a multi-dimensional holograms and there are many charts that we have to look at all of them during different times to get a full picture of who we are. The rising sign of the Navamsha, the moon’s ascendant, the complex web of nadi nakshatras relationships, the karmakamsha charts that Jaimini, the rotated dashas charts, and many more show that our lives are always changing and rotating and not the same person that came into the world with our natal chart.
Its like a multi-dimensional home across the street: from the front door, it may have a beautiful garden and be kept up but when you go to the back, you may see piles of garbage and a back-porch that is falling apart. When you go inside, the kitchen may be beautifully finished but the bedroom is torn apart and under construction. You may think that the occupant is a wealthy wonderful person but when you meet him he may shares his emotional fragility and his mental anguish and tells you about his abusive childhood. Over the years as you get to know your neighbor, he remodels the house and backyard and gets landscaped and remodeled, finishes the bedroom finally but the kitchen stays in deep disrepair. After years of spiritual practice and therapy, he seems to be a different person. Suddenly he gets this idea to physically move his house across the country because he wants a new life and in his new location, he repaints the house and puts in water features and new landscaping and he feels like a totally different person and his life works very differently on the West Coast and his relationships suddenly work but his career suddenly falls apart as well as his health.
From this example of the house, there are so many dimensions in our life that can be seen from our multiple charts and timings. Our natal chart is what we came in with when we were born but it is constantly shifting. A good astrologer has to blend the complex and multiple layers of one’s life to get a complete picture of what is happening and these include: different planetary periods or dashas, moving away from one’s birthplace, perceptions of how others see us vs. how we are see ourselves, our mental and emotional states, our physical material existence, the planets ruling our soul and our soul chart, and the the rulers of our fields of life including career, spirituality and so much more. This is our overview article and at a later date we will go into more detail:
- PHYSICAL BODY AND PERSONALITY: The Natal chart is called Rashi Chart. Based on the constellation and rising sign coming up on the Eastern horizon when we emerge from the birth channel, this snapshot does imprint all of our karma and create our personality, physical world and set up all our multiple perspectives on our life. It reveals the self or ego or the outer expression and body of a person and reveals different temperaments from Aries to Pisces. Our lagna and the rashis or signs of the zodiac are much more about our physical world and how it manifests.
- EMOTIONAL/MENTAL BODY: The Moon Chart is based on what sign your moon falls and the moon’s nakshatra. This chart reveals more of our emotional nature and how our emotional body reacts to the world and reveals much about our happiness, state of mind, family life and relationship. The house and sign location of the moon, aspects to it, the waxing and waning nature of the moon, what lunar day you were born on all our determining factors which reveal your emotional nature. If your moon is in a benefic sign owned by Venus or Jupiter you are going to be mentally more optimisic than if you moon is in a sign owned by Saturn. A weak moon aspected by Saturn or Rahu or Mars will make one prey to emotional disturbances and how you react to the world. The Vedic culture pays an enormous amount of attention to the Moon chart. All the basic elements from the Panchanga including tithi, karana, nakshatra, nithya yoga all influence your emotional make-up. The Moon sign reveals your personality and mental configuration and shows the level of prana, health, and disease. More over the moon sign reveals your thought and thinking and awareness and consciousness.
- MENTAL BODY: Nadi Nakshatra Chart: The Impact of the Fixed Stars : The 27 constellations of the zodiac impact the mental body and the higher and lower energies that it daily struggles with. They also indicate the emotional chaos, unhappiness and sorrow that we struggle with on a daily basis. The nakshatras or constellations deal with karma which is stored in the mind which is continually changing from the transits of the moon through the 27 constellations every month. What constellation your rising sign hits impacts your emotional and mental body. From this perspective, we see the mental body and how the mind works either with the soul or against it and it indicates intuitions and blocks. What planets are in what constellations or fixed start and their owners and personalities reveal a whole hidden matrix and complex interactive personality that can be diagnosed. This is sometimes called Nadi Nakshatra. I refer it to the Matrix of our hidden personality or mental make-up. While something may have the potential to manifest well in the physical chart, if the mental chart has blocks, then our beliefs in its manifestation may obstruct it. The Nakshatras that the Atmakaraka is placed in, the ascendant and the ascendant lord’s nakshatras, the Sun and the Moon’s nakshatra interact with the complex mental matrix and create a mental web of Consciousness.
- HIDDEN TALENTS: Navamsha Chart or 1/9 divisional chart reveals the working of our soul and the past life talents we have carried over and the nature of our spouse. The trines in the Navamsha chart and the planets in them show us what talents we bring into the world. Sun in the 1st or 5th or 9th in the chart may have a strong desire to be a singer. The rising navamsha sign may reveal the hidden qualities of the personality. I may be Scorpio rising but I am Virgo rising in the Navamsha chart and my life is really so much about healing and service and gardening than you would ever see if you just talked about Scorpio. The D-9 chart also reveals so much about our life path in terms of dharma, artha, kama, moksha and whether we have an orientation toward being a protector, an orientation toward solid economic footing, a desire for relationship and communication or a desire for teaching wisdom and finding liberation in this world. While we pay attention to the outer world of the Rashi chart more, the inner world of the Navamsha chart is more important for what we manifest in the world and what is our soul’s inner experience.
- SOUL CHART: Karakamsha Navamsha Chart: This is a more specialized soul chart that puts the Atmakaraka in the 1st house of the D-9 (see article on this: https://www.appliedvedicastrology.com/planet-soul-atmakaraka/ ) This chart reveals the journey of the soul and how the ruler of the soul expresses itself. How this chart relates to the natal chart, which planets it conjuncts, how it connects to the Sun and the Moon will indicate how the soul expresses itself. This chart reveals how our godliness. Whether the soul’s desires are fulfilled or unfulfilled in this life are expressed here. Potential talents and desires are shown here but whether they manifest or not is connected to the complex interaction between the Rashi, Navamsha and Karakamsha Rashi Chart. These charts are clearly a 3D Chess Board and have to be analyzed in this way.
- LIFE PURPOSE CHART: Karakamsha Lagna in Rashi Chart: This chart reveals the soul’s purpose and how it manifests in the material existence and the difficulties it faces in its journey. I find this chart the most revealing for a soul’s purpose and what it is meant to do in this life. For example, even if I am Scorpio rising, my Karakamsha Rashi chart is Gemini rising with a stationary Jupiter and Ketu place there and hence my truest soul’s purpose is teaching spiritual knowledge and Jyotish and being a Jyotish educator. This chart in comparison to others can reveal whether the soul will achieve its desire.
- DASHA PERIOD CHART: The major dasha or planetary period that we run will also provide a very revealing look at the chart if we rotate the chart around the period lord to the 1st house and read the chart from that perspective. So even if our natal chart has something great in it from our natal rising sign, in our rotated dasha chart it may very different. I have Venus in the 3rd house in Capricorn exchanging signs with Saturn in the 9th house from Venus. During the Venus period, of my life was all about the arts as I worked on a PhD in comparative literature and film studies and had a very rich life teaching meditation and studying Vedic wisdom. My first astrologer started reading the chart from a natal point of view as Scorpio rising and it did not make sense but when I said something and he switched to reading the chart from Venus as the center of the chart, my whole chart made sense. Hence the cycle that we are running will change the perspective on everything in the chart and I find that 60% of a good reading should be done from a rotated chart to the dasha lord for accurate predicting. Vimshottari Dasha which is used the most may be more revealing for our subjective reality because it is connected and calculated from the moon. For example, a Saturn period will often feel sad or depressed or filled with struggle subjectively but it may manifest external success particularly for Taurus and Libra Rising. There are actually 10-12 nakshatra dashas and sometimes it is useful to use an alternative dasha and sometimes you only get a good reading if you do.
- RASHI DASHA CHARTS: CHARA DASHA: From Jaimini astrology we learn about Rashi Dashas and how they rotate and throughout out lives. Depending on your rising sign, you may go through one sign of the zodiac clockwise or counter-clockwise in order with varied years. My Aries period with Mars in Aries in the 6th was all about health, fights with employees and when I moved into my Pisces period, 5th house, I became more obsessed with 5th house and teaching astrology and got initiated in India in the gayatri mantra and going to Vedic temples to experience Vedic yagyas. This chart rotates also and is the most revealing for what is happening in your material world and it is the easiest to predict anything from. The most commonly used Rashi Dasha is Chara Dasha and it also works well in the Varga charts with the Chara Karakas.
- REPUTATION CHART: The arudha lagna chart shows the way we are viewed in this world due to our overall personality and resources. The moon is the significator of the arudha and planets connected to the Arudha enhance or spoil the reputation. So a person with moon or Jupiter or Venus or Mercury conjunct the Arudha protects reputation while Saturn or Rahu conjunct the arudha will spoil reputation. This chart helps explain why we sometimes feel we are doing a great job at work but our boss or supervisor sees something else. How we appear to others is so connected to outward success in our lives and this chart is very revealing and creates a whole different perspective on our life. Its like how our neighbor sees the front of our house with the beautiful garden but when we meet the person in the house and know him well, we may learn about his emotional fragility. There is a much more accurate system for predicting from the Arudha Lagna chart as it represents the most manifest levels of our existence.
- ASTRO-LOCALITY CHART: If we move far enough from our birth place, our chart rotates with us and we become a very different person many times–sometimes better and sometimes worse. I learned this the hard way. I was born in Chicago and lived much of my life in the Midwest. When I moved 1800 miles to the Southwest and to Sedona, AZ, my life became very different as it transposed my Scorpio rising chart to Libra rising and put in an exalted Saturn in my first house. I became a work-alcoholic, had health and relationship problems, was obsessed with remodeling and re-decorating my house all the time. When I discovered how this worked, I moved back to the Midwest closer to my Sun line and health returned to normal, I was not as obsessed with working all the time and my relationship returned to normal. Moves impact us and new locations impact us but our chart also rotates. This also could require a complex long article.
- VARGA or DIVISIONAL CHARTS: Sometimes the main chart promises something but does not deliver. If the planets and appropriate houses are not working well in the Varga Chart, then theIR is promise from the main chart but it is denied. Someone may have a spectacular career chart in the natal chart but it does not work at all int he varga chart. If the dasha lord is in the 3rd, 6th 8th or 12th house in the varga chart, it can block fruition but there are more complex techniques that sometimes over-ride this simple way of expaining it.
Remember our lives, our interests are always shifting. Relationships may work well in one period and the dasha switches and suddenly you are getting a divorce. Money works well for years and suddenly you are in a Ketu period and you do not care and you let go of everything. We have to remember that between lives, we have structured the perfect life for what we need to work out in order to grow and work out our karma in this life. It is always perfect but in the middle of struggle and suffering, its hard to remember that it is all moving us toward where we need to go. Do not get caught up in what the Rashi chart is telling you. It is not a line fixed in stone and when you meditate and your consciousness shifts, you have new awareness and do not repeat the same mistakes–or hopefully not. Play the 5D Chess Game like a Grand Master and you will master the Game of Life and Astrology.
See our courses on these topics: Starting from 97.00.
Study at your own pace:
SECRETS OF THE MOON, THE MIND AND THE EMOTIONS
SECRETES OF PREDICTING USING DASHAS PART 1 AND 2
SECRETS OF CAREER AND FINDING YOUR LIFE PURPOSE
SECRETS OF NAVAMSHA AND THE SOUL
FINDING YOUR SOUL’S DESTINY: MULTIPLE CHART PERSPECTIVES