EYE ON THE SKY: WHEN WILL EMOTIONAL GRUNGE END
It’s a particularly heavy day with Mercury conjunct Saturn causing the mind to think that the worst will happen and the Mars/Venus/Pluto planetary conjunction this week has us worrying about nuclear war and World War 3. The new moon has also left us with an emotional hang-over.
There is some light ahead. Sun conjunct Jupiter into March 5th will increase optimism and for Pisces and Sagittarius it will charge Jupiter with the heart of God’s energy which is called Cazimi in Western Astrology when a planet is totally conjunct the Sun. The Mars/Venus planetary war is not over until March 12th and when Mars is losing a war, it gets more fierce and fights harder so I am not hopeful for peace in Ukraine as even with all of the sanctions on Putin, he will not give up and his chart is Libra rising and he is winning the planetary war. .
The Sun does move into Purva Bhadrapada which is a Jupiter nakshatra (Aquarius 20- Pisces 3.20) on March 5th-18th and that will lift optimism a bit and Jupiter is also moving into it’s own nakshatra which will give it more power so maybe more justice and wisdom will come to the rescue. Still Mars is moving toward Saturn into April 3th and there will still be tension and frustration and anxiety in the world.
How do we deal with emotional grunge? Most of the world will have a few drinks, take some drugs, smoke a pack of cigarettes, or eat themselves into a numbed-out stupor. That can work for a bit but it is destructive and takes you out of your deepest being.
If you are on a spiritual path, what do you do? Those of us on a spiritual path have to go through them. Feel them deeply. The process of feeling them can facilitate their deep release. What are we afraid of? Are we really those stupid feelings or something bigger? Go deep into them and the attention of your consciousness will facilitate their release. Feel the depth of these emotions with your full consciousness and you can help
We can always do a bit of spiritual or astrological bypassing and that can help with meditation too but remember you are so much bigger than your emotions. If a storm is happening, be Billy Buddy in Herman Melville’s classic. Strap yourself to the mast and go through it. In the end, you will find that your eternal Self is so much bigger than a few waves and in fact, you are the waves and you are an ocean. How can you be afraid of the very water that you are made of? Stay strapped to the mast, whatever storms come, say, I am here, and let them come through me. How can we run away from a tiny emotion? What power can it really have over us?
Don’t the storms make you deeper and a more powerful person? Embrace. Realize that you are unchanging and nothing can touch you. You are invincible. Merge with the water and become One.
So if you are not able to do that you can always do the following:
1) This is a time to be disciplined about your meditation practice and yoga and other spiritual practices because these lighten the burden and give us more strength to deal with everything. The tendency is to skip that which is good for us when we are challenged but that’s like taking off a winter coat when its below zero.
2) Donate time and money to help those in need. This is one way to address karma and by getting out of our own stuff, we feel better and move through our own karma.
3) Be disciplined with diet and exercise. The tendency is to use food to cover up difficult emotions or skip exercise because we feel tired or lazy. So much illness (6th house) can be overcome if we are disciplined doing what is good for us. Avoid addictive behaviors and non-life-supporting actions especially now. The tendency is to what to escape but usually, this leads to more difficult problems quickly. Maybe not stay up until 2 am watching 10 episodes on Netflix and get some extra rest.
4) Spend time with spiritual knowledge, attend spiritual gatherings and hang around with positive people at this time.
5) Do transformational healing work to move through these energies.
All gratitude to the timeless wisdom from the Ashtavakra Gita and my beloved Guru! If you need help with your chart, sign up for a reading by hitting the Consultation tab at www.appliedvedicastrology.com.